Specific aims of our research projects are:
- Investigation of determinants of functional and spatial mobility and consequences of mobility limitation over the life course.
- Investigation of mobility trajectories after acute health events
- Investigation of the impact of chronic disease processes on mobility
- Development and optimization of assessment procedures for early detection of mobility limitations, especially using mobile technologies
- Enabling the easy use of assessment procedures by health professionals
- Development and evaluation of activity and health programs to promote mobility in older people.